Wow! What just happened there?! If you were not able to see Square Enix’s flop of a press conference, do not worry you did not miss much. Actually if you’ve watched the Microsoft press conference, aside from the two new IP’s that were announced, then you’ve pretty much have seen the 30-minute press conference. Alas, all is now said and done, but company still had a few tidbits of news to drop. Here’s what we’ve learned:
– One of the new game trailers Square Enix unveiled showed a lot of promise and left a lot to the imagination. The trailer spoke on the history of the world very briefly. Explaining how the god Gaia, was upset with mankind and decided and to punish all of humanity. Then suddenly, there’s a colossal giant battle and this starts the beginning of a player’s journey in the game. Giants having a world-ending battle? Sign me up! This looks very promising and we will be sure to keep you guys updated when we learn more!
The Quiet Man
– A deaf man walking down a CG Manhattan, NY, walks into an alley and fights off two thugs with ease. That almost sounds like the beginning to a horrible joke with no punchline, which was exactly what the trailer for the game was. A joke with no punchline. Although the idea is very unique with company stating the game is a combination of live action sequences and CGI, Square Enix has made this game with thought of players finishing it within one sitting. So is it really a game or is it an interactive movie? All we know for certain is that we will have more info come August.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
– Ah another “re-showing” of the same trailer that was shown for Microsoft’s press conference. This time, it’s a little more gameplay.
Kingdom hearts 3
– One would think that because the game is made by Square Enix, we would get more of an in-depth showing of the game right? Wrong! Instead here’s some insight on the Frozen world (Let it go!)
Dragon Quest XI
– The critically acclaimed JPRG IS BACK and it’s better than ever! This could very well be the year of some the best JPRG’s! At least the company got this right!
Overall, Square Enix had the worse showcasing of new games or news compared to anyone else. There was no Final Fantasy VII remake news in sight either by the way, in case you were hoping for some. We get Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to be on Xbox, but why let Microsoft steal your thunder? Why not incorporate all your trailers for YOUR own press conference? Alas, what’s done is done. All we can do now is wait. Did you like what you’ve just seen? Let us know how you feel in the comments below!