This week the Nintendo Switch has received a much needed system update. Fans have been eagerly awaiting to see every bit of potential that the fledgling system has to give us. While we may have to wait until July to get a bit more involved online system, the new firmware did add a few welcome features.
Quoted from Nintendo’s official website, we have the patch noted here.
- Register a channel to receive News for specific games
- To register, head to News > Find Channels
- Add friends from your Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Friend Lists
- To add friends, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Friend Suggestions
- Receive notifications when your Friends go online
- To turn this ON/OFF, head to System Settings > Notifications > Friend Notifications
- Find paired controllers within communication range by activating the vibration feature
- To search, head to Controllers > Find Controllers
- Change the user icon order on the Home Menu
- To change order, head to System Settings > Users > Change Order
- Select from 6 new Splatoon 2 characters for user icon
- To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile
- Change the system volume from the Quick Settings
- To access Quick Settings, hold down the HOME Button
- The maximum volume when using headphones or speakers connected to the audio jack has been raised and can be lowered if desired.
- To lower the max headphone volume, head to System Settings > System > Lower
- Max Headphone Volume
* This settings will be ON when Parental Controls are enabled
- Change display colors to Invert Colors or Grayscale
- To use this feature, head to System Settings > System > Change Display Colors
- Use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller via wired communication by connecting the USB charging cable
- To enable, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Pro Controller Wired Communication
- * The NFC touchpoint on the Pro Controller will be disabled while the controller is using wired communication.
Update connected controllers
- To update, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Update Controllers
- Added a feature that suggests deletion of software data if there is insufficient space when downloading other software
- To use this feature, head to System Settings > Data Management > Quick Archive
* User save data is not deleted
The “find my controller” feature will be a welcome addition, that and the ability to use the pro controllers as wired controllers show that nintendo is slowly trying to give us more from the system.