Sony just unloaded a whole heavy machine gun clip filled with amazing trailers on to the masses. Sony even serenaded show goers with musical instrument solos from 2 artists to introduce two of their games. Since there was so much unveiled, here is a summary of what was discussed and a few trailers for those who missed out. Playstation Live will be on the show floor all day Tuesday and Wednesday looking deeper into the games that were showcased below. We will have more details this week. Check out what you may have missed:
The Last of Us: Part 2
– A Banjo player serenaded show goers at E3 as a nice, clever segway into the first real good look of Naughty Dogs: The Last of Us 2. I have yet to pick my mouth off from the floor. The gameplay and graphics were so impactful, smooth transitions from live action sequences to CG, and of course Ellie.
God of War
– New Game play plus confirmed for God of War by Santa Monica Studios. No word yet on when that will be launched.
Black Ops 4
– Jungle, Summit, Slums, and Firing Range; Original Black Ops maps will be available on Black Ops 3 with pre-order of Black Ops 4.
– Black Ops 3 will be free for Playstation plus subscribers starting tonight until July 11th.
Destiny 2: Forsaken DLC
– The trailer shows Cayde in an unfamiliar fashion; fearing for his life. The Prince of the Reef shows himself as if he was the savior of those previously locked in the Prison of Elders. Then suddenly, he puts old yeller down. The Prison of Elders appears to have been completely destroyed freeing all the baddies that Cayde placed there over the years. So is Cayde really dead just like that? By the hands of a Prince we barely know? What just happened here?
Ghost of Tsushima
– The studio Super Punch has really done a great job visually so far. No word on a release date. I’m still picking my jaw up off the floor from the stunning visuals. Yes, there was also a flute player.
Kingdom Hearts 3
– It feels as though Kingdom Hearts has been in almost everyone’s press conference, except Square Enix’s tonight. This time we got to look at the Pirates of the Caribbean world. Also a limited edition Playstation pro was announced, along with a bundle for Kingdom Hearts 1.5, 2.5 and 3. No word on a release date or pricing as of yet for the bundle.
– More questions, barely any answers on what exactly Hideo Kojima has created. The trailer and gameplay so far look amazing. Oh yeah and babies are “weaponized”to use against these dementor like beings.
– An awesome demo of the game in action. Looks to have a Batman: Arkham City vibe going on, which is fine by me!
Stay tuned E3 is halfway done and there are still a lot of new games to discuss! Let us know what you think so far in the comments below!